Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A new home

Long ago, there was a page of the utmost simplicity in which I formed on the premise that I could say whatever I wanted and didn't care to hoot who saw it. It was a webpage, I adored it, and it adored me. We lived happily together for probably over a year. It was simple, not because I'm simple, but because my skills at the coding of HTML were of such limited breadth that I could not strain for complexity out of the necessity of keeping things enjoyable for myself. I made articles for it, resembling blog posts, but with such overdrawn length and crude language that I preferred to call them ramblings. I generally confined my topics to those relating to the tech industry. I lamented blogs for their personal nature, and the idea of publishing such personal insights to the view of the public with the purpose of having others read them. I was content with the way things were, and updated quite infrequently at the pace of leisurely detachment. Then, all at once that page was gone. Attempts to unearth any remnants from Google's colossal archive of cached webpages proved fruitless. There was no hope of it coming back. My host had booted me out, and though it was free, I cursed at thee, and mourned the passing of my private little nook on the internet that I had all to myself.

Now, I find my fingers aching for the keys again, and a platform to launch the fruits of their rhythmic typing which is as clean and private as my old webpage was. At first, I turned to the network that fuels much of my wasted time on the internet, IGN. They have a blogging system, but it's of such a simple and cluttered nature as to be rendered woefully unappealing. So now I turn to this one. The most popular blog site there is. It is here I will dump all forthcoming run-on sentences, cheesy adjective-chaining, and overall brutishly executed grammatical stylings that I can squeeze from the lowest bowels of my intellect. I am now, in fact, the biggest fucking hypocrit I could ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment